Lobster BLT with Grilled Guacamole
Top off your traditional BLT with rich lobster meat.
- 4 Warm Water Lobster Tails, Thawed
- 1 lb Applewood Smoked Bacon, Cooked
- 2-3 Large Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1 cup Grilled Guacamole, Recipe follows
- 1 head Butter Lettuce
- 8 slices Pumpernickel Bread, Toasted
- 2 Ripe Hass Avocados, Peeled, Pitted and Sliced in half
- 1 Tomato, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Red Onion, Minced
- 1/4 cup Packed Fresh Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno, Seeded and Minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- For the grilled guacamole, preheat a grill to medium-high
heat, and lay avocado halves over the hot grate. Cover and grill for about 5
minutes until the flesh is lightly charred. Flip all the halves over, and grill
for another 5 minutes. Transfer the grilled avocado to a serving bowl and mash
with a fork to your desired level of chunkiness. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- For the lobster tails, preheat the broiler. Split the
lobster tails by cutting through the center of the hard-top shells and meat.
Spread the halves of the split lobster tails apart, and place the lobster
tails, meat side up, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Brush the tails
with melted butter, and broil 4 inches from the heat source for 12-14 minutes,
or until the lobster meat is opaque. Gently remove the lobster meat from the
- Toast the bread, and spread 4 slices of bread with your
desired amount of grilled guacamole. Top the guacamole with sliced tomatoes,
butter lettuce, lobster meat and bacon and serve.