Lobster Pot Pie
Comfort has a new look with this lobster pot pie favorite.
- 1 1/2 cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 3/4 cup Chopped Fennel
- 1/4 lb. Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cup Fish Stock
- 1 tbsp Pernod
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 3/4 lb. WW Lobster Tail Meat, Cooked
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen Pearl Onion
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1/2 cup Minced Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 8 tbsp Shortening
- 8 tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter, diced
- 1/2 cup Ice Water
- 1 Egg, Beaten with 1 tbsp water or heavy cream, for egg wash
- Sauté the onions and fennel with the butter in a large sauté pan on medium heat until the onions are translucent, 10-15 minutes. Add the flour and cook on low heat for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Slowly add the stock, Pernod, salt, and pepper and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add the heavy cream.
- Chop the lobster meat into bite-sized pieces. Place the lobster, frozen peas and carrots, frozen onions, and parsley in a bowl. Pour the sauce over the mixture and check the seasonings. Divide lobster mixture between four 8 oz. ramekins set on a rimmed baking sheet.
- For the crust, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder in a
food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the shortening and butter and pulse 10 times, until the fat is the size of peas. With the motor running, add the ice water; process only enough to moisten the dough and have it just come together. Dump the dough out on a floured surface and knead quickly into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic and allow it to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and roll out the dough on a floured surface. Cut out four 4 1⁄2″ circles. Brush edges of ramekins with egg; place 1 circle over each and press to seal. Brush pastry with egg; bake until golden on top and filling is bubbly, 20–25 minutes.