NASSAU, Bahamas (June 30, 2017)
Tropic is now one of the only seafood companies in the world to have the BRC certification.
Food Safety is our highest priority, and we voluntarily comply with the strictest food safety standards in the world.
BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is developed by food industry experts from retailers, manufacturers and food service organisations to ensure it is a rigorous and detailed, yet easy to understand the BRC Global Standard. First published in 1998 it is now in its 7th issue and well established globally defined by many leading global specifiers.
It provides a framework to manage product safety, integrity, legality and quality, and the operational controls for these criteria, in the food and food ingredient manufacturing, processing and packing industry.
The BRC Global Standard focuses on:
- The importance of management commitment
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) based food safety programmes
- Quality management systems
- Auditing good manufacturing processes – it is not just a paperwork audit
- Auditing areas which often have the highest rate of product recalls and withdrawals, such as labelling and packing
- Developing systems to reduce exposure to food fraud
- Ensuring consistency of the audit process
- Providing a BRC Global Standard that is portable enough to allow Additional Modules to be added to reduce audit burden
- Promoting greater resilience, transparency and traceability in the supply chain